Saturday, January 30, 2010

6 Months Post Surgical / Bloodwork Results

I went back to the doctor's this past Wednesday. I've been extremely tired for the past few weeks and I wanted to be sure that it wasn't anything that was post surgically related. I was concerned about low iron and B12 levels and dehydration.

My blood work all came back normal. My blood cells are the normal size, my body is absorbing enough iron and B12 and I am not dehydrated. I was thrilled to say the least. So many people have deficiencies after surgery because our bodies now have a shorter digestive tract and less nutrition is absorbed. I was fortunate and I have been counting my blessings ever since.

My total weight loss since a month before the surgery is 130. Next week will mark my 6th month out of surgery. It has been a steady pound or two loss for a few weeks now. I've been roller skating once a week and moving more at home. I've started working on the weekends on my feet, which will also help.

I am interested in other people's stories who have had the surgery. I would love for you to share your successes and issues after the suregery. If you have a story to tell, please share it here so that others who are considering the surgery can make an informed decision.

Thank you for your time.

Missy Bell

1 comment:

  1. Hello my name is Ruby. I enjoy reading your journal. I just had the surgery on March 23, 2010. This is the first week after my surgery. i am looking for support buddies to share experiences with. I am on Facebook as:
    Stilltrying53@aol.com
    Hope you can add me as a Fb friend.

    Ruby
    PS thank you sharing your life for us neewbies........

    ReplyDelete