Monday, April 26, 2010

Since My Last Post

I am very close to losing that 150 pound total. As exciting as it is, I haven't had the motivation to leap over the hurtle. Everyone says they can see a recent difference. I can not. I see the number on the scale and freak out. I've stopped weighing myself as often because I can't stand the disapointment. I have been the same weight, maybe minus 2 pounds for about 3 weeks now. It's not so much that I am upset about that, it's that I am upset with myself. I have gotten very lenient with myself and what I've been doing.

I've decided that I will become accountable to my readers, right here and right now. I feel that if I outline my intentions, it will be easier to follow them. I will blog again soon to let you know how I've done with these goals.

I. I will start taking my vitamins again, daily. I have not been taking them faithfully. I noticed that the weight moves more quickly when I take them on a regualr basis. Maybe that's all in my head.

II. I will drink more water. Now that my stomach has stretched I eat more than I used to if I'm not drinking enough water.

III. I will join Curves(c) tomorrow to jump start my metabolism and build strength and muscle in order to burn more fat and weight. I must confess that I have not been sucessful at keeping the motivation to exercise. I've been to Curves(c) before and I have had great success. I could really use some toning right about now too. (I'm considering also getting a beginners Yoga DVD for that.)

I'm going to start there and then move on to the next phase when I'm ready.

Please share. Is there something you're struggling with after the surgery or do you have questions? You can either share here or send me an e-mail on Facebook to Missy Cantlin Bell.

Thanks for following!!

Missy

2 comments:

  1. My name Frank and it has been 7months since
    I had my surgery I have lost to date 112 through a lot
    Hard work I work 1 sometimes twice a day 1 time is a
    Very intense weight training and the second is more cardio
    The treadmill, my only issue I have ran into is that in the last
    Month I have started feeling like I am eating more which has
    Me a bit nervous because I am so sub conscious that everytime
    I eat I feel like I have to do something to burn the calorie I
    Have just put in. Has any had this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G Roc,

    I have run into this often. It seems the further out I get, the more I am able to consume. I plateaud at a loss of 170 pounds. Since then, I go up and down 5 pounds but it seems the farther I am from my surgery date, the more I am able to eat. You need to be careful as many do gain the weight back, at least some of it, but do not go overboard. Remember that your body has changed. You are not digesting the food as you used to and you do not hold on to all that you consume as you used to because your digestive tract is smaller. I am not a doctor and can only say that the best bet is to watch your scale. Your body will also tell you when you've had enough. You will experience dumping syndrome in your own way. I always said in the beginning that I didn't have it but I find that it may have been because I was not eating past my stomach's capacity. I tend to push myself sometimes now and regret it afterwards. Try to pay attention to your hunger levels and never eat past the point where your body says you are no longer hungry. That would be my best advice.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete