Saturday, August 15, 2009

Surprise Weight Loss

I woke up this morning and got dressed in my usual clothes. I was swimming in them. So I made a trip to my closet and pulled out a bag of clothes that I have not worn in 2 or more years. I couldn't believe that, not only did they fit me, but they were also too big. I was excited to know I have clothes for my new smaller size, but now I still need to go down one more size. All this in 11 days!. I didn't expect things to be going this well.

I went and got weighed the other day, Wednesday and found, that one week out of surgery I had lost 10 pounds. I was impressed. I added that to the 30 I lost before the surgery and was very happy. But today, I was shocked. It is Saturday, just three days later and I have lost 12 more pounds since Wednesday. I was astounded!

I've started noticing encouraging things about my body. I have ankles now, for one, and feet! They have been bloated for so long, holding on to water weight. They are thin now. My face is starting to change. starting to slim down too. My eyes are more prominent now and, as a friend pointed out yesterday, less pain is visible in my eyes. There isn't a part of me that isn't smaller, including my wrists. It's refreshing.

I've said it before, it's not ALL about the weight loss for me. It is about my health and how I feel. As I tell everyone who asks, each day is better. I am no longer taking my antidepressants and I am off my blood pressure medication and my sleeping pills. (I'm not sure if it's too early to be off the sleeping pills though.) I slept on my side last night and actually got more sleep. I woke up with no discomfort. I am still irritated by the staples but they will be gone in a few days.

I am concerned about the heat wave coming up. I can't get dehydrated and with the small amount that I am drinking I really have to stay cool (without being able to swim). Just something to watch.

A friend shared a bit of her story with me the other day. The results from this surgery never seem to amaze me and she is one with another inspiring story. Each story I've heard is so different from the one before. Joy has lost 160 pounds since the middle of December. How truly amazing! I am so truly inspired and proud to have people like Joy to be able to turn to for advice I know I'll need. Thanks Joy, for being there and opening up to me.

2 comments:

  1. Missy - you need to start posting pictures with this! I can't wait to see you!

    xxxooo
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to keep you in suspense a little longer. It's not a huge change yet I don't think. I see you next week!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete