Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dietary Stages After the Gastric Bypass

I had my surgery 18 days ago, which feels like almost a lifetime when you're really not eating. I was looking ahead to see what will most likely be approved for food for me to eat as of Tuesday, which is when my appointment with my nutritionsist is. First, let;s go over what is allowed when a patient first comes home from surgery. The following list was provided by UMasss Memorial in Worcester and could vary in different parts of the US depending on the program you are on. This is just what you may be able to expect. ALWAYS follow what your doctor gives for orders and never vary.



  1. 4 Ounces of a sugar free nutritional supplement every 2 hours, 8 times a day. (Carnation Instant Breakfast - No Sugar Added is recommended) with milk.

  2. Water

  3. Sugar Free Beverages such as Crystal Light or Sugar Free Kool-Aid

  4. Coffee or Tea (preferrably decaf)

  5. Bouilllon or broth (no salt added is best)

  6. "Flat" diet soda (preferrably decaf)

  7. Tomato or V-8 Juice

  8. Sugar Free Popcicles (less than 20 calories each, limit 2 per day)

  9. Fruit Juice without added sugar (no more than 4 ounces per serving with a total of 8 ounces per day.)

  10. Gatorade (no more than 8 ouunces per day)

  11. Sugar Free gelatin

I have been


No comments:

Post a Comment